How it works
Badge passes allow you to identify visitors quickly, see important information about them, and give added security to your site.
Set up badge passes for visitors, employees, and contractors. You can only print one badge pass template per kiosk for visitors and contractors; employees can have multiple templates. This gives you flexibility around those employees that need badge passes.
Badge pass templates
There are several badge pass templates to choose from. Each template has a different layout and may contain different information. Some templates only allow either a logo or photo to display. In this case, these fields will be automatically switched off in the template.
To set up a template:
- Select your printer and label size
- Choose the pass template
- Select the information you'd like to include on the pass
Badge pass examples
|Person’s name||The name the person entered during sign-in.|
|Photo||Photo captured on sign-in by kiosk or receptionist webcam, or the photo saved in an employee's profile.|
|Name of organization||Where the visitor or contractor is from. When creating an employee pass, you can only use organization or title, not both.|
|Title||The title of the employee. When creating an employee pass, you can only use organization or title, not both.|
|Department||The employee’s department in OnLocation.|
|Date and time of sign in||Recorded by the kiosk or Sign In/Out Manager.|
Used to automatically sign out the person. You must have a scanner attached to your kiosk.
Your badge pass will include a Code-128 1D barcode. It is used for alphanumeric or numeric-only barcodes. It can encode all 128 characters of ASCII and, by use of an extension character (FNC4), the Latin-1 characters defined in ISO/IEC 8859-1.
|QR code||Used to automatically sign out the person. You must have a scanner attached to your kiosk.|
The badge pass number. This is recorded in the system and can be checked using the People Presence report.
|Host name||The employee that the visitor or contractor selected as their host. You can edit the field name that appears on the badge when this is enabled. Available for visitor and contractor badge passes only.|
|Duration on-site||Will appear when pre-printing a label for pre-registered visitors only. The date and time are taken from their pre-registration.|
If the person needs help in an evacuation, a cross icon will show.
|Use purpose of visit as the tag||Only appears if the purpose of visit question is enabled in Sign In/Out Questions. Available for visitors and contractors only.|
|Increase top margin||Creates space for a punch hole to be made at the top of the label for use with a lanyard or similar.|
|Default tag name||Displayed on the badge pass unless a purpose of visit tag is used.|
|Custom question answer||Print a custom question answer on your pass. Choose the questionnaire, then select a question. Only single-choice, multi-choice, short text, and date custom questions are supported. Answers longer than 20 characters will be truncated on the pass.|
Set up a template
To create a badge pass template:
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Badge Passes.
- Click Create a New Badge Pass, then select the type of badge pass.
- Choose your printer.
- Select your printer's label size.
- (Optional) Select Yes to enable the default Sign In/Out Manager label option. This is required if you want this badge pass printed from Sign In/Out Manager.
- Enter the Badge Pass Name. This will identify the badge pass when activating in your kiosk and when in the Badge Passes menu.
- Click Select Template to choose the templates available with the chosen badge pass size.
- (Optional) Use the With Visitor Photo switch to see what the passes look like with visitor photos or logos or both when applicable.
- Click on the template, then click Select.
- If you'd like a logo printed on the pass, click Upload Logo, then select the file. This must be a JPG or PNG file.
- Use the switches to choose which information you want to appear on your badge pass.
- Click Test Print Label to check the pass. You must have your printer connected, and browser set up to print a test label.
- Once you're happy with the layout, click Save & Close.