How it works
Badge passes allow you to quickly identify visitors, employees, and contractors, see important information about them and give added security to your site.
You can set up as many badge passes for visitors, employees, and contractors as required for different kiosks. You can only print one badge pass template per kiosk for visitors and contractors, but you can have multiple templates for employees. This gives you flexibility around those employees that need badge passes.
There are several badge pass templates to choose from. Each template has a different layout and may contain different information. Some templates only allow either a logo or photo to display. In this case, these fields will be automatically switched off in the template.
Set up a template
There are three parts to setting up a badge pass template:
- Create a badge pass
- Select your labels and print settings
- Choose the template and information that will appear on the badge
Step 1: Create a new pass
To create a badge pass template:
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Badge Passes.
- Click Create a New Badge Pass, then select the type of badge pass.
Step 2: Choose label type and print settings
The first template you will see is a default template, all details on the badge pass can be customized using the switches on the right. Not all of these options are available for every template, and not every template is available for all badge pass sizes. Make sure you select the correct printer and badge pass size before choosing your template and options.
You can only have one default badge pass for visitors and one for contractors.
From the settings section on the left:
- Choose your printer.
- Select the badge pass size you have for your printer.
- (Optional) Select Yes to enable the default Sign In/Out Manager label option. This is required if you want this badge pass to be printed from Sign In/Out Manager.
Step 3: Select the template and update information
- Enter the Badge Pass Name. This will be used to identify the badge pass when activating in your kiosk and when in the Badge Passes menu.
- Click Select Template to choose the templates available with the chosen badge pass size.
- (Optional) Use the With Visitor Photo switch to see what the passes look like with visitor photos or logos or both when applicable.
- Click on the template, then click Select.
- If you'd like a logo to print on the pass, click Upload Logo then select the file. This must be a JPG or PNG file.
- Use the switches to choose which information you want to appear on your badge pass (see below for details).
- Click Test Print Label to check the pass. You will need to have your printer connected to print a test label.
- Click Save & Close.
Badge pass information fields
|Person’s Name||The name of the person entered on sign in.|
|Photo||Photo captured on sign in by kiosk or receptionist webcam.|
|Name of Organization||Where the visitor or contractor is from. When creating an employee badge pass, you can only use Organization or Title, not both.|
|Title||The title of the employee. Available for employee badge passes only. When creating an employee badge pass, you can only use Organization or Title, not both.|
|Department||The employee’s department in OnLocation. Available for employees only.|
|Date and Time of Sign In||Recorded by the kiosk or Sign In/Out Manager.|
Used for automatically signing out the person by scanning upon departure. You must have a scanner set up on your kiosk for this to work.
Your badge pass will include a Code-128 1D barcode. It is used for alphanumeric or numeric-only barcodes. It can encode all 128 characters of ASCII and, by use of an extension character (FNC4), the Latin-1 characters defined in ISO/IEC 8859-1.
|QR Code||A more accurate and faster read barcode. This is only available for select templates: Brother 101x62mm templates with the barcode along the bottom of the label.|
The number of the badge pass. This is recorded in the system and can be checked using the People Presence report.
|Host Name||The employee that the visitor or contractor selected as their host. You can edit the field name that appears on the badge when this is enabled. Available for visitor and contractor badge passes only.|
|Duration On-Site||Will appear when pre-printing a label for pre-registered visitors only. The date and time are taken from their pre-registration.|
|Evacuation Assistance||Appears as a cross icon if the person needs help in the event of an evacuation.|
|Use Purpose of Visit as the Tag||Only appears if the purpose of visit question is enabled in Sign In/Out Questions. Will replace the Default Tag Name with the purpose of visit. Available for visitors and contractors only.|
|Increase top margin||Leaves room for a punch hole to be made at the top of the label in case it is to be attached to a lanyard or similar.|
|Default Tag Name||Displayed on the badge pass unless a purpose of visit tag is used.|