Use visitor pre-registration to speed up the sign-in process when your visitors arrive on-site. It gives any Sign In/Out Managers visibility of who is expected on-site at any time, and it can increase security by requiring all visitors to be pre-registered.
Create a pre-registered visitor event
- Go to My Visitors > Pre-Register Visitors.
- In the Visit Event Details tab, select the location for the event.
- Use the calendar and time fields to enter the start and end times of the event.
- Set to Yes if you want the same event to occur more than once. This adds the Recurring Event Details tab (see below).
- Set to Yes if the visitor is visiting someone.
- (Optional) If the visitor has a host, select that person.
- (Optional) Add a note for the Sign In/Out Manager about this pre-registration event.
- Click Add Visitors.
Recurring Event Details tab
Complete the following fields:
- Choose how often it repeats - daily, weekly, monthly, or yearly. If weekly is selected, you can choose which day of the week.
- Choose how often the above period is repeated.
- Choose when it starts and when it ends.
- Click Save & Close.
There are a few ways you can add visitors to a pre-registration event. You can manually add each visitor one-by-one, you can select from your frequent visitor list or groups, or you can import a CSV file of visitors.
Manually add visitors
- Click Add a Visitor.
- Enter the visitor's details.
The information requested is set up by your organization and may differ based on settings. Only the Full Name and From sections are mandatory when pre-registering a visitor.
- Select the Add to my Frequent Visitor List checkbox if you want to remember the visitor for future visits.
- Click Save or Next.
If your location has activated a custom questionnaire for pre-registration, you will see another tab. You can complete these questions or leave them for the visitor to answer when they complete their profile.
The visitor is added to the event. You can edit the record by clicking Edit, remove the visitor through the Run an Action menu, or click Save & Close to finish.
Add a frequent visitor or visitor group
- Click either Add a Frequent Visitor or Add a Frequent Visitor Group.
- Select the visitors or visitor groups you want to add to the event.
- Click Add Selected Visitors or Add Selected Visitor Groups.
The visitor(s) is added to the event. You can edit the record(s) by clicking Edit. Remove the visitor(s) through the Run an Action menu, or click Save & Close to finish.
Import a CSV file of visitors
The visitor template contains six fields: Full Name, From, Title, Email, Phone, and Mobile. You can't upload the answers to custom questions. Manually answer these questions.
To import multiple visitors:
- Click Import a Visitor List from a CSV File.
- Download the Import Visitor Template and save it to your computer.
- Enter visitor details.
Please follow the example provided at the top of the spreadsheet to format all information correctly. You do not need to enter all fields for every visitor (as long as the Full Name and From fields are entered), but do not remove any headings.
- Save the updated spreadsheet to your computer - Please make sure to save this in the CSV UTF-8 format for best results.
- Click Select CSV File.
- Select the file from your computer and click Open.
- Click Import Visitors.
The visitors are added to the event. Edit the records by clicking Edit, remove the visitors through the Run an Action menu, or click Save & Close to finish.
Edit or delete an event
To navigate to your pre-registered visitor list:
- From the home screen, click the highlighted number next to pre-register visitors
- Go to My Visitors > My Pre-Registered Visitors
Edit an event
- Click Edit next to the event you want to edit.
- Make the changes you require, including adding or removing visitors.
- Click Save & Close.
Cancel an event
- Select the event using the checkbox on the right of the row.
- Select Cancel the Visitor from the Run an Action dropdown menu.
- Click Run Action.
Edit a recurring event
When editing or deleting a recurring event, you have the option to change:
- Only this Event - Changes one of the events in the series. Useful when a last-minute change needs to be made to one event, but the rest continues as usual. This will remove that event from the series. If you make further changes to the event, you will no longer have the option to change all events in the series.
- All Events in this Series - Any changes will flow through to all events in the series. To delete all events in a series, you can choose this option then click Cancel this Event on the Event Details screen.
Ways to sign in a pre-registered visitor
Pre-registered visitors can sign in three ways:
- By the receptionist - A list of all pre-registered visitor events is visible in Sign In/Out Manager. Pre-print guest passes, sign visitors in as they arrive, or issue the pass once they sign in.
- On a kiosk - The visitor can sign into a kiosk by entering their name exactly as it was recorded in the pre-registered event.
- Through the employee who pre-registered them - If the employee has permission, they can sign in their own visitors. When the visitors arrive on-site, the host greets them, issues them with pre-printed visitor passes, and signs them in.