You can use pre-registering visitors to expedite the sign-in process for your visitors when they arrive on-site by entering their information. It gives any Sign In/Out Managers visibility of who is expected on-site at any time. And it can increase security by requiring all visitors to be pre-registered.
In this article we cover:
Create Pre-Registered Visitor Event
Enter the details below under Visitor Event Details and (if required) Recurring Event Details. Then click Add Visitor to continue.
Visitor Event Details
Date/Time of Event - Use the calendar and time fields to enter the start and expected end time of the pre-registration event.
Recurring Event - Set to Yes if you want the same event to occur more than once. This creates the Recurring Event Details tab, see below for more details on Recurring Events.
Is the Visitor visiting someone? - Set to Yes if the visitor will have a host.
Visiting Employee - If the visitor has a host, select that person here.
Message - Add a note for the Sign In/Out Manager about this pre-registration event.
Recurring Event Details
Repeats - Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly. Part of the frequency the event occurs. If weekly the ability to choose which days appears.
Repeat every - How often the above period is repeated.
Repeat on - (Weekly Only) Which day(s) the event occurs through the week.
Starts On - The date the first event occurs. This defaults to today's date.
Ends - After = How many occurrences. On = The date of the final event.
There are a few ways you can add visitors to a pre-registration event. You can manually add each visitor one-by-one, you can select from your Frequent Visitor list or Groups, or you can Import a CSV file of visitors.
Manually Adding Visitors
1. Click Add a Visitor
2. Enter the visitor's details
3. If you want to remember the visitor for future visits, tick the Add to my Frequent Visitor List section.
4. Click Save Visitor
The visitor is added to the event. You can Edit the record by clicking Edit, Remove the visitor through the Run an Action menu, or click Save & Close to finish.
Add a Frequent Visitor or Group
1. Click either Add a Frequent Visitor or Add a Frequent Visitor Group
2. Select the visitors or visitor groups you want to add to the event
3. Click Add Selected Visitors or Add Selected Visitor Groups
The visitor(s) is added to the event. You can Edit the record(s) by clicking Edit, Remove the visitor(s) through the Run an Action menu, or click Save & Close to finish.
Import a CSV File of Visitors
1. Click Import a Visitor List from a CSV File
2. Download the Import Visitor Template and save it to your computer
3. Enter visitor details
4. Save the updated spreadsheet to your computer - Please make sure to save this in the CSV UTF-8 format for best results
5. Click Select CSV File
6. Select the file from your computer and click Open
7. Click Import Visitors
The visitors are added to the event. You can Edit the records by clicking Edit, Remove the visitors through the Run an Action menu, or click Save & Close to finish.
Edit or Delete Pre-Registered Event
To navigate to your Pre-Registered Visitor List:
- From the Home Screen, click the highlighted number next to Pre-register Visitors
- Go to My Visitors > My Pre-Registered Visitors
Edit an event
1. Click Edit next to the event you want to edit
2. Make the changes you require including adding or removing visitors
3. Click Save & Close
Cancel an event
1. Select the event using the checkbox on the right-side of the row
2. Select Cancel the Visitor from the Run an Action dropdown menu
3. Click Run Action
When editing or deleting a recurring event, you have the option to change Only this Event or All Events in this Series.
Only this Event - Changes one of the events in the series. Useful when a last-minute change needs to be made to one event but the rest of the series continues as per usual.
All Events in this Series - Any changes made will also be made to all events in the series. To delete all events in a series, you can choose this option then click Cancel this Event in the Event Details page.