An access point is a physical place used to distinguish the location of a kiosk that people can use to sign in and out. For example, the main reception desk, a warehouse entrance, a security gate, or a place associated with that location.
You can set up as many access points as your location needs and link zones to access points. There are two types of access points:
- Sign In/Out - the access point is used to sign people in or out at a location.
- Inter-zone - the access point is only used to transfer people from one zone to another within a location.
Create a new access point
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Access Control Points & Zones.
- Click Create a New Access Point.
- Enter the Access Point Name.
- (Optional) Select the default zone.
- (Optional) If this access point connects to more than one zone, select the zones.
- Select Sign In/Out or Inter-zone as the Access Point Type.
- Click Save.
To edit the access point, click View next to the access point name and you will be taken to the setup screen.