How it works
Enabling the identity management add-on gives you the ability to add a token to an employee profile.
Access tokens are any barcode, QR code, or RFID string that's unique to a person. This could range from a company-issued ID or access card, driver’s license, or loyalty card.
Once the token has been added to the employee profile, it is their unique identifier. When the token is scanned at the kiosk, it follows four steps:
- The token number is entered as a string.
- The kiosk searches your WhosOnLocation account for the string in the tokens set up.
- It finds the associated profile.
- Commences the sign in/out process.
If your kiosk is not set up to ask questions or acknowledgment notices, they are signed in/out automatically. If you do have these set up, they need to be read and acknowledged on the kiosk before sign in/out can be completed.
Identity management features
The identity management add-on has these key features:
- Add tokens to an employee profile, and they can sign in/out on the kiosk by scanning them.
- Create your own ID cards for employees based on the template options, then print them using your own ID card printer.
- Locations can use print requests to ask another location with a printer to print their ID cards. The printing process is tracked in WhosOnLocation.
- Set up quick scan on your kiosks to sign in/out even faster. Quick scan pushes all processing of sign in/out via scanning to background jobs. Set this up in the Questionnaire Manager in the Employees tab.
- If using the Brivo integration, you can sync your tokens in WhosOnLocation with your Brivo account as credentials. This gives you seamless functionality across both platforms.