In this tutorial we explain how you can enforce a rule where only pre-registered visitors can sign into your kiosk. Typically you might enforce such a policy where there is an element of pre-screening of visitors and an approval process to follow before a visitor can attend a meeting on-site.
What visitors see if they are not pre-registered
Below is an example of a visitor having attempted to sign into a kiosk but there is no record of them having been pre-registered. The kiosk then directs them to report to reception. Note; you can customize this message.
Setting up the Rule
You must be an Administrator to enable this rule.
- Go to Tools > Locations
- Select the green 'view' button alongside the location you wish to apply this rule to.
- Select 'Visitor Kiosks' from the left side of the screen
- Select the green 'view' button alongside the kiosk you wish to apply this rule to.
- Scroll down to the kiosk setting titled: "Pre-registered Visitors Only"
- Add your customized instruction to appear on the kiosk in the event a visitor is not pre-registered
- Select 'Save and Close'.
The rule is applied immediately to the respective kiosk.
Question: Can you apply this rule to specific kiosks only or does it auto apply to every kiosk in your location?
Answer: The rule is applied at the kiosk level therefore if you wish to apply it to a specific kiosk in a specific zone within your location you can.