Learn how to assign the Contractor Manager user role. You need the Administrator user role to access these settings.
In the Contractor Manager there are three user roles:
- Administrator: The same rights as a Contractor Manager plus this user can manage settings.
- Manager: This user can manage any Contractor organization or member and make them active.
- Coordinator: This user can only manage Contractor members that are part of the same Internal User Access Group as the Coordinator.
Assign a user role
- Navigate to Tools > User Roles.
- Search for the employee you wish to assign the Contractor Manager role to.
- Click Manage Roles next to their name.
- Select the Contractor Manager checkbox, then select which role type they require. Click Assign Roles.
The role will now appear in the user's assigned roles list. The next time they log in to MRI OnLocation they can access the Contractor Manager functions based on the role level you granted them.
Check if a user has logged into OnLocation before
It is easy to determine if the user that you granted Contractor User Role rights to has logged into OnLocation before. Check the status in the Login Permission column:
- New: Employee has not yet been sent an activation email
- Incomplete: Employee is missing email address and cannot be sent an activation email
- Pending: Employee has been sent an activation email but has not yet logged in
- Active: Employee has activated their account and has successfully logged in
If the user’s status is New
- Select the checkbox beside their name.
- Select the Send Login Permission Email from the Run Action menu.
- Click Run Action.
This will send the user an email asking them to create a password and activate their account login.
If the user’s status is incomplete
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to the location they are based at.
- Select Employees from the menu on the left side.
- Click View next to their name.
- Add their email address, then click Save and Close.
- Go to Tools > User Roles and follow the above steps for sending the login permission email.