When an insurance policy is close to expiry, you can set up notifications to remind the required people that these need to be renewed. The default recipients of these notifications are set up in this section. These will be automatically set for all new policies but can be customized per policy where required.
Set up recipients
- Go to Tools > Contractor Manager.
- Select Insurance Settings from the left-hand menu.
- Select the Notification Recipients tab.
- Enter the notification recipients. See below for information on each recipient type.
- Click Save.
- To update all existing policies to the new default, click Save & Update Policies. To leave all existing policies with their current settings, click Save Only.
There are two types of recipients you can set up to receive policy expiry notifications, employees in your organization, and Policy Owners in the contractor organizations.
Select any number of employees and/or one non-employee email address to receive this notification. The non-email address is generally used for an email monitored by multiple people, e.g. email@example.com.
The policy owner in a contractor organization is set by assigning a member the policy owner contact role type. You can choose whether to inform policy owners with this setting.
Enter an email address where contractors should send their update insurance policy details.
Contractor Portal update email
This is a second place where you can enter an employee email address to receive a notification when changes are made to insurances in the Contractor Portal. We would recommend using the setting in Portal Changes Notifications instead.