About Paxton Net2 triggers
The standard Paxton Net2 integration provides the ability to open doors by signing in on kiosks linked to OnLocation access points. With triggers, you can open doors using other sign in methods.
Use cases include:
- If your front-of-house staff signs in visitors using Sign In/Out Manager, you can set up a trigger that uses an access point rule to open a door linked to the closest access point to reception.
- If your employees or contractors use OnLocation Mobile, set up a trigger that opens a door if the sign-in matches the following rules: OnLocation Mobile is the sign in mode, and they're signing into a specific zone.
Add a trigger
This example is for an employee signing into an access point linked to a door in Net2.
To add a trigger:
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Triggers.
- Click Create a New Trigger.
- In the Trigger Details tab, enter the trigger name.
- Select Active as the Trigger Status.
- Select the trigger method. Use employee sign in, visitor sign in, or contractor sign in.
- Click Next.
- In the Trigger Rules tab, click Create a New Rule in the ALL section.
- Select Employee - Signed in Access Point.
- Select Is the following and select the access point nearest to reception.
- Click Next.
- In the Trigger Actions tab, click Create a New Action to set up the trigger's action.
- Select Paxton Net2 - Open a Paxton Net2 door as the action.
- Select the OnLocation access point that's linked to the door in Net2.
- Choose if there is a delay in opening the door. Select a value from immediate through to 60 seconds.
- Click Save & Close.
Next time someone signs in at this access point, the linked door will automatically open.