Employee login permission statuses
Once you've added your employees, employees will have one of four login permission statuses in the Employees screen:
- Incomplete – There is no email address entered into the employee's profile. This means they will not be able to log in to WhosOnLocation or receive visitor notification emails.
- New – There is an email set up in their profile but they have not been sent the login permission email.
- Pending – The employee has been sent a login permission email but has not yet set up a password and activated their account.
- Activated – The employee has clicked the link in their login permission email but not yet signed into WhosOnLocation for the first time.
- Active – The employee has created a password for WhosOnLocation and can log in to access their WhosOnLocation account.
Give employees access
There are two ways to grant access and send the login permission email, manually via the employee list and automatically via the SyncPortal integration.
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Employees.
- Select the employees to grant access using the checkbox on the right of their names.
- Click the Run an Action drop-down menu.
- Select Send Login Permission Email.
- Click Run Action.
Grant your employees permission to access WhosOnLocation as soon as they are added using the Sync Portal integration.
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Click the SyncPortal integration.
- Click Settings.
- Click Settings next to your Sync Profile.
- Set New Employee Policy to Auto Activation.
- Click Save.
Login permission email
The employee(s) will receive an email advising them to activate their login. They need to click the activation link, then create a password.
When they log in they will be taken to the home screen of the account where they can access any of the features available to them under their profile and assigned user roles.
Disable employee access
If you ever need to remove an employee’s access to WhosOnLocation, repeat the steps above but select Revoke Login Permission from the Run Action menu instead.