About employee login permission
Once you've added your employees, allow them to log into OnLocation. Employees can be given access either manually or automatically using the SyncPortal integration.
Once invited, the employees will receive an email advising them to activate their login. They need to click the activation link and create a password.
Give employees access to OnLocation
In the Account Status column in the Employees page, employees have one of these statuses:
- Incomplete – There is no email address entered in the profile. You can't send them a login permission email.
- New – There is an email address in their profile. Send them the login permission email.
- Pending – The employee has received the email but has not yet clicked the activation link.
- Activated – The employee clicked the link in the email but did not sign into OnLocation.
- Active – The employee has created a password and logged into OnLocation.
For employees who have the New status, you can invite them using the run an action menu. You need the Administrator user role to access these settings.
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Employees.
- Select the checkboxes next to the employees.
- Click Run an action drop-down menu, then select Send Login Permission Email. Click Ok to confirm.
Use the Sync Portal integration to give your employees permission to access OnLocation. Only the Account Owner or IT Support user can set up this integration.
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Integrations from the left-hand menu.
- Click the SyncPortal integration.
- Click Settings.
- Click Settings next to your Sync Profile.
- Set New Employee Policy to Auto Activation.
- Click Save.
Remove employee access
To remove an employee's access to OnLocation, use the Revoke Login Permission option in the run action menu.
Employees can continue to sign in and out using a kiosk, they just can't log into the application.