A safety operator is a person nominated to monitor any employees or service providers working alone in your location. They are notified when the person arrives on-site, the duration that they'll be on-site for, and if they don't sign out on time, the safety operator will be notified that they are overdue.
The role can be assigned to any employee or service provider member.
Assign an employee the safety operator role
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to the location you want to assign the safety operator role.
- Select Employees from the menu on the left side.
- Click View next to the employee's name.
- Select Safety Operator from the Employee Role Type list.
- Click Save & Close.
Assign a service provider member the safety operator role
- Go to Tools > Service Provider Manager.
- Select Members from the menu on the left side
- Find the member, then click View next to their name.
- Select Organizations from the menu on the left side.
- Click Organization Roles.
- Select Safety Operator, then click Close.