Set up triggers to automate actions in WhosOnLocation. Triggers can send notifications, display messages, deny entry to a site, and sign people in/out. Each trigger is attached to a specific event, like a service provider signing in. Rules can narrow the event further, for example apply it only to people working alone.
Set up a trigger for a lone worker signing in
This example outlines how to set up a trigger for a service provider who arrives on-site and is working alone.
To set up the trigger:
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to the relevant location.
- Select Triggers from the menu on the left.
- In the Trigger Details tab, click Create a New Trigger.
- Add a name for your trigger.
- Make the trigger status Active.
- Select Service Provider Sign In as the trigger event.
- Click Next
- In the Trigger Rules tab, click Create a New Rule.
- Select Service Provider - Working Alone as the rule.
- Select is the following as the first condition.
- Select Yes as the second condition.
- Click Next.
- In the Trigger Actions tab, click Create a New Action.
- Select Notification - Send an Email as the action.
- Select Employees, then choose Selected Employees.
- Start typing the employee's name, then select it from the list. Repeat for each employee who requires a notification.
- Enter the email text. Use placeholders to automate the details.
- Click Save & Close.
Next time a service provider signs in and confirms that they are working alone, the people in your organization who have been added to the trigger will receive an email notification.
To learn more about how triggers work, check our Help Center article.