How it works
Print sharing is used to print a badge pass from a different place than a visitor signs in from.
It can be used when a printer is connected to a kiosk, and the Sign In/Out Manager (receptionist, security office, etc.) needs to pre-print their badge pass from their own computer.
It can be used when a person signs in using a kiosk and the printer connected to the receptionist's computer is used to print their badge pass.
Set up your kiosk
Assign a kiosk to print badge passes
- Log in to your account as an Administrator.
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks.
- Select View next to the name of the kiosk.
- Select the Printing tab, then select the Enable Print Sharing checkbox.
- Click Save and Close.
Create your print sharing setup
Location A is used to sign people in, location B is used to print badge passes, and it doesn't matter where the two kiosks are set up as long as location B has a printer installed.
- At location B, open a browser and log into the kiosk, which has Kiosk Print Sharing enabled in its settings. You will need to keep this browser window open at all times to print.
- At location A, open a browser and log into your non-printing kiosk
- From the kiosk home screen, click the Settings icon in the upper right of the screen, then select Kiosk Settings.
- Enter the PIN for this kiosk, then select Continue
- Set Print Visitor Passes this session? to Yes.
- Print Sharing Enabled should be set to your printing kiosk.
- Click Enter Kiosk.
Anyone that signs into location A will have their badge pass printed at location B. You can test this by signing in a visitor.
Link the Sign In/Out Manager account to the kiosk
For a Sign In/Out manager to pre-print a badge pass using print sharing, they will log into their WhosOnLocation account, and on the home screen:
- Click View next to Sign In/Out Manager.
- Click Kiosk Print Pass next to the visitor’s name.