How it works
Print sharing is used to print a badge pass from a different place than a visitor signs in from.
It can be used when a printer is connected to a kiosk, and the Sign In/Out Manager (receptionist, security office, etc.) must pre-print their badge pass from their computer.
It can be used when a person signs in using a kiosk and the printer connected to the receptionist's computer is used to print their badge pass.
Set up your kiosk
First, ensure that you have set up your badge passes and that the kiosks are ready to print.
Assign a kiosk to print badge passes
- Log in to your account as an Administrator.
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks.
- Select View next to the name of the kiosk.
- Select the Printing tab, then select the Enable Print Sharing checkbox.
- Click Save and Close.
Set up print sharing
Location A is used to sign people in, location B is used to print badge passes, and it doesn't matter where the two kiosks are set up as long as location B has a printer installed.
- At location B, open a browser and log into the kiosk, which has Kiosk Print Sharing enabled in its settings. You will need to keep this browser window open at all times to print.
- At location A, open a browser and log into your non-printing kiosk
- From the kiosk home screen, click the Settings icon in the upper right of the screen, then select Kiosk Settings.
- Enter the PIN for this kiosk, then select Continue
- Set Print Visitor Passes this session? to Yes.
- Print Sharing Enabled should be set to your printing kiosk.
- Click Enter Kiosk.
Anyone who signs into location A will have their badge pass printed at location B. You can test this by signing in a visitor.
Link the Sign In/Out Manager account to the kiosk
For a Sign In/Out manager to pre-print a badge pass using print sharing, they will log into their OnLocation account and on the home screen:
- Click View next to Sign In/Out Manager.
- Click Kiosk Print Pass next to the visitor’s name.