Print sharing is used to print a badge pass from a different place than a visitor signs in from.
It can be used when a printer is connected to a kiosk and the Sign In/Out manager (receptionist, security office, etc) needs to pre-print their badge pass from their own computer.
It can be used when a person signs in using a kiosk and the printer connected to the receptionist's computer is used to print their badge pass.
Setting up your Print Sharing Kiosk
Please ensure that you have badge passes set up and kiosks set to print badge passes before setting up print sharing.
First, you will need to assign a kiosk to print badge passes:
- Log in to your account as an Administrator
- Go to Tools > Locations
- Select the green View button found alongside the name of the location
- Select Visitor Kiosks
- Select the green View button found alongside the name of the Kiosk
- On the settings tab select Enable Print Sharing
Then, to create your print sharing setup:
Location A is used to sign people in, Location B is used to print badge passes, and it doesn't matter where the two kiosks are set up as long as Location B has a printer installed.
- At Location B, open a browser and log into your kiosk with Kiosk Print Sharing enabled
Please note that you will need to keep this browser window open at all times to print.
- At Location A, open a browser and log into your non-printing kiosk
- From the Kiosk homescreen select the Settings icon in the upper right of the screen and select Kiosk Settings.
- You will be prompted to enter the PIN number for this kiosk, then select Continue
- Set Print Visitor Passes this session? To Yes.
- Print Sharing Enabled should be set to your printing kiosk.
- Select Enter Kiosk
Anyone that signs into Location A will have their badge pass printed at Location B, you can test this by signing in a visitor.
Pointing the Sign In/Out Manager Account to the Print Sharing Kiosk
For a Sign In/Out manager to pre-print a badge pass using print sharing, they will log into their WhosOnLocation account, and on the Home screen:
- Select the green View button found alongside Sign In/Out Manager under My User Roles
- Select the Kiosk Print Pass button located alongside the visitor’s name.