Once your induction courses are sent to your learners, you will want to track information about those courses.
Induction Reporting has information on who has completed what course and when. You can use the search function to find information for specific courses, learners, and track course expiry dates.
To access Induction Reporting and see the report for an induction course:
- Go to Tools > Induction Management.
- Select Induction Reporting from the left-hand menu.
- Select the Induction Course from the search field.
- Select whether you want to see learners who are inducted or not inducted.
- Add any other specifications in the search fields.
- Click Search.
The report will generate with the filters selected in the search fields.
There are many fields you can add to your induction report. The default report includes the Name, Organization, Date Inducted, and Course Name. You can add more fields using the View Columns button:
- Name - The name of the learner.
- Organization - The organization of the learner. If the learner is an employee it will show as the name of the WhosOnLocation account.
- Date Started - The date and time the learner clicked past the first page on the induction course. Available for WOL eLearning courses only.
- Date Inducted - The date and time the learner passed the induction course.
- Expire/Renew - The date the induction course needs to be renewed by.
- Course Name - The name of the selected induction course.
- Type - The type of induction course.
- Status - The current status of the learner. For contractors, this can be Active, Pending, Inactive, or On-Hold, depending on their account.
- Course Renew - The period of time between renewals for this induction course.
- Course Learners - The type of learners for the course, employees, contractors, or both.
There are two options for exporting in induction reporting, Export Report and Export Results.
Before exporting, set the filters and generate your report, then select the type of export you want to perform.
You can then export either the report or the results by selecting the corresponding option and choosing the file type.
Information that is exported when using the Export Report option includes:
- Name – The name of the person who has attempted the course.
- Organization – The organization the person is from. If they are an employee, it will show your account’s organization name. If they are a contractor, it will show their contractor organization.
- Date Inducted – The date they passed the induction course.
- Expire/Renew – The date the induction course will expire and needs to be renewed.
- Course Name – The name of the induction course.
- Type – The type of induction course, either online, internal, or external.
- Status – The status of the course at time of reporting.
- Course Renew – How often the course needs to be renewed.
- Course Learners – The type of people required to sit this course, either employees, contractor, or both.
You can export your report as either a CSV or PDF file. Exporting as a CSV file will include all information and is able to be manipulated in a spreadsheet software. Exporting as a PDF will export only what information is currently displayed in WhosOnLocation.
This option will export all the information from the report plus the results of each question asked in the induction course. The questions are displayed as column headers with the option selected under this. Whether it was the correct or incorrect option is included in the cell with the option selected. If a person had their induction course passed manually, no results will show in these fields.
The Export Results option is only used for WOL eLearning inductions as these are the only inductions used to track answers in WhosOnLocation.