How it works
Your brand is the first thing people see when they enter your location. To assist with this, we provide a range of customizable options when setting up your kiosk, so your branding is always front and center.
You can upload images for your background, company logo, and customize the colors and wording displayed.
This article covers:
Update the kiosk layout
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks.
- Click View next to the kiosk.
- Select the Layout tab.
Kiosk layout settings
Customize your sign in/out kiosk by selecting from the following settings:
- Theme - Choose a kiosk theme:
- Classic Light – the kiosk has a white background and black font
- Classic Dark – the kiosk has a black background and white font
- Modern – this is the default theme for all new kiosks. It has a larger font and stronger color contrast than the classic themes.
- Layout - Set the kiosk layout, either standard or touchless:
- Standard – includes the Sign In and Sign Out buttons on-screen
- Touchless – removes the buttons and replaces them with a QR code
- Show QR Code for Touchless Sign In - Select the checkbox to present a QR code on-screen that a person can scan with their smartphone camera to sign in on their device. This is enabled automatically with a touchless layout and can display alongside a standard layout.
- Touchless Sign In Instructions - Appears if QR code is enabled. These instructions display above the QR code on your kiosk for people to follow when signing in.
- Organization Name – Will display in the middle of the upper half of your kiosk unless you have a logo uploaded. If you do not want an organization name or logo to display, leave this field blank.
- Person Type Names – The names will display for each of the person type options. The default names are Visitor, Contractor, and Employee. You can customize these to suit your region, company wording, and use.
- Information/Instruction – This is the wording that displays below the sign in/out buttons. If you do not want any instructions, leave this field blank. Wording can only be plain text.
- Information Scroll – Enable this to have the wording scroll across the bottom of the screen.
- Information Background Opaque – Enable this to have a darkened see-through banner appear across the sign in/out buttons and wording.
Customize the colors used for the organization name, each button, the text on the buttons, the information banner, and the kiosk background color.
Click on the color, select a new one from the color picker or enter the hex code, then click Choose.
To return to the default color, click the reset arrow.
You can upload a single logo and as many background images as you like to your kiosk. If you upload more than one background image, each will show for 30 seconds before moving to the next image.
Upload a logo to display
Your logo will display in the middle upper half of your kiosk screen. A logo must be in JPG, GIF, or PNG file format. It must be a minimum of 200 x 100 pixels and a maximum of 3000 x 3000 pixels.
Update your logo:
- To upload a logo, click Select File, select an image from your computer, and click Open.
- To change a logo, click Change, select a different image from your computer, and click Open.
- To remove a logo, you must first Save and Close your kiosk set up. Then re-enter the kiosk, select the Layout tab, and click Remove next to the Upload a Logo to Display section.
Upload background images
Your background image(s) will display across the whole kiosk home screen. The best image size depends on the size of the screen you are using. We suggest testing the size of your image on the actual kiosk device to ensure it works.
Background images must be in the JPG, GIF, or PNG file format and must be a minimum of 200 x 200 pixels in size.
Update your background image/s:
- To upload a background image, click Select File, select an image from your computer, and click Open. Repeat this to add multiple background images.
- If you upload multiple images, drag and drop the images to choose the required order.
- To remove a background image, right-click the image and select Delete Image.
To preview your kiosk home screen on your computer, click Preview Kiosk. This is a preview of the home screen only, and you cannot go through the sign in process.
When you are finished setting up your kiosk layout, click Save and Close.
Mobile sign in
If you have a touchless kiosk, you have a second layout tab called Mobile sign in. This tab includes all of the layout settings for people signing in with their smartphone.
You can choose to use the same settings as your kiosk by selecting the Use Kiosk Settings checkbox.
If you'd like custom settings for the mobile view, clear the Use Kiosk Settings checkbox and update the settings as required.
You can change almost all of the same layout and color settings as above. The only exception is the background image field, which is not available for mobile sign in.