OnLocation Mobile can automatically sign your employees and contractors in/out of a location using their smartphone’s geolocation. To use this feature, you’ll need to enable auto sign in/out, configure the sign in/out settings for your users, and configure a geofence.
About auto sign in/out
Auto sign in/out uses a geofence to to detect a user's proximity to their location. Once a user crosses the geofence, they're automatically signed in or out.
Choose how you'd like your users to sign in/out:
- Enabled – When the user is detected entering or leaving the location, they will be signed in/out automatically and sent a push notification confirming their presence status.
- Prompt Only – When the user is detected entering or leaving the location, they will be sent a notification prompting them to sign in/out. They can tap on the notification to either sign in or out.
- Disabled – The user will not be automatically signed in/out. With this option if you still require users to sign in/out using their OnLocation Mobile, they can do so using the manual sign in/out function. This relies on their ability to remember to do so.
The auto sign in/out settings you enable here are the default settings for all OnLocation Mobile users but users can change the default option for their own smartphones to a lower level. For example, they can change auto sign in/out Enabled to Prompt or Disabled but if you set the default to Prompt they can not change it to Automatic on their smartphones.
All your employees and contractors need to do is to download the OnLocation Mobile app from the App Store (iOS) or Google Play Store (Android) and allow location permissions. When entering and exiting the workplace, their presence will be automatically recorded.
Before you start
Ensure your location address is correct using the Google address verifier. This will be used to tell your users how far away from a location they are and to automatically create a geofence.
Check your address in the Location Details screen.
Enable auto sign in/out
To access auto sign in/out settings:
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select OnLocation Mobile.
- Select the Auto Sign-In/Out tab.
- To enable auto sign in/out, set the status to Yes.
- Enable the sign in option you wish to make available to your employees and/or contractors. For each person type, select Enabled, Prompt Only, or Disabled.
- Enable the sign out option you wish to make available to your employees and/or contractors. For each person type, select Enabled, Prompt Only, or Disabled.
- Configure a geofence.
- (Optional) Set up Bluetooth beacons.
- Click Save.