You can sign in to your location two ways using OnLocation Mobile: automatically or manually. The sign in method is set by your OnLocation Administrator:
- If set to sign in/out automatically, you won’t need to do anything.
- If automatic sign in/out is not enabled for your location, you will need to sign in/out manually and answer any sign in questions set.
How you sign in will depend on the complexity of your location(s) OnLocation account, however, for employees using OnLocation Mobile at one location, signing in will be very straightforward and generally done using a simple sign in/out workflow.
If you’re unsure of your sign in/out workflow, please contact your OnLocation Administrator.
Simple sign in
From the home screen:
- Select the location to sign in to or tap Sign In.
If you have multiple locations available, they will appear on your home list as favorites first and then the locations closest to your current location.
- Tap the Sign In button.
- If you've booked in advance to come on-site, select the workspace you'd like to sign in with.
- Answer any additional questions (see below). If your location has no questions set up, you will be immediately signed in with no extra steps.
You will be signed into the location, and the color of the top bar will change from white to blue to indicate that you are signed in.
The sign in page displays the following key information:
- Your location tracking status:
- If manual following is available, tap Follow me to enable and Stop to disable.
- If automatic following is enabled, this will only show that it is on.
- Answers to key questions:
- Tap Edit next to a question to change the response while signed in.
- Workspace bookings:
- Tap Manage to view your booking.
- Acknowledgment notices, if any have been answered:
- Tap View to read the notice and your response.
If you need to change the location you are signed in to:
- Tap the Sign Out button.
- Select the current location name at the top of the screen. This will also show you the currently selected location on a map.
- Tap the location.
- Select the location you want to sign in to, then tap Confirm. You will immediately go through the sign in process.
Sign in/out questions
If a question is required, you must answer it before you can proceed. If not, there will be a Skip button in the top-right corner of the question page.
Select the area or zone you are working in today.
Long lists of zones may be split into groups by Administrators of this location. You will be able to change this after signing in if it changes.
You may have the ability to enter a custom zone rather than select an option. If so, enter this in the text field and select Confirm.
If you've booked a workspace in advance, select the workspace and tap Sign In.
If you need to book a workspace while signing in, select where in your location you'd like to work. Select the zone, then tap Confirm.
Then, choose the workspace you'd like to use for the day. Tap on the floor plan to zoom in on the image. Once you've selected a space, tap Confirm.
When you sign out, you'll be asked if you'd like to keep your workspace for the duration of your booking. Tap Keep workspaces to keep them or Sign out of all to end the booking.
Select whether or not you need assistance to evacuate the location if an emergency occurred.
Select how long you expect to be working. This may be used to send you or others an alert when your time on site is coming to an end.
Select whether or not you are working alone during this visit.
Select the person who monitors your safety while on-site from a list of people set up for the location.
Document upload and certification details
If your organization requires you to provide a document or details of a certification, upload a file or take a picture of the document.
You may be asked to respond to an acknowledgment notice during sign in. You must select one of the responses followed by any additional information requested.
Locations with remote working enabled will have an option to sign in to work remotely under their location name on the home page.
- Tap Work remotely under the location name.
- Tap Sign in.
At the top of the screen, it will state that they are working remotely for the location.
Multiple working remotely locations
If you have multiple locations in OnLocation Mobile with working remotely available, you can enable the work remotely option on the home page by favoriting the location:
- Tap All locations.
- Select a location from the list.
- Tap the star in the top-right corner.
The work remotely option will appear for the location on the home page.
Sign in using the QR code
Each OnLocation Mobile user has a unique QR code in the app. The code can be used as a token for signing in and out of your location.
To use the QR code:
- Open OnLocation Mobile, then enter your PIN.
- Tap the icon in the top left corner. This will either be a picture or the menu icon. If you have the menu icon, tap Settings.
- Tap the QR code in the account settings.
- Scan the code at the sign in/out kiosk.