The WolMobile widget allows you to quickly open the WolMobile app and sign in or out with one tap.
Add the widget
How you add the widget depends on your type of smartphone.
The below instructions outline how to add a widget to an iPhone running on iOS14.
From your home screen:
- Swipe left on your screen.
- Scroll to the bottom of your widgets, then tap Edit.
- Tap Customize.
- Scroll to the bottom of your available widgets, then tap the add icon next to WolMobile Sign In/Out.
- Tap Done.
The widget will now be visible on your widget screen. You can edit the order of your widgets by tapping Edit and dragging the widgets into your preferred order.
From your home screen:
- Tap and hold on the screen (not on an app).
- Tap Widgets.
- Either scroll to the end of the widgets or search for WolMobile.
- Tap and hold on the widget.
- Drag it to where you want to add it.
- Resize the widget. We recommend expanding it to display the location name and multiple locations (if relevant).
- Tap off the widget area.
You can move or re-size the widget by tapping and holding/dragging.
For Google Pixel phones, you can follow the Android steps above or you can add a widget from the app itself. To do this, tap and hold on the WolMobile app and select Widgets.
Use the widget
If you have access to a single location, tap the Sign In/Out button to open the app and automatically begin signing in/out.
If you have multiple locations that you can sign into using WolMobile, these will appear in a list on your home screen, i.e. your favorite locations, then those closest to you. The same list of locations will appear in your widget.
To sign in to a location, tap the location from the list to open the app and automatically begin signing in.
To sign out using the widget, tap the Sign Out button.
iPhone only – double tap sign in
If you have an iPhone 8 or later, you can sign into WolMobile by double-tapping the back of your phone.
To set this up:
- Open the Shortcuts app.
- Tap the add icon, then tap Add Action.
- Enter Wolmobile, then tap the app.
- Tap Sign-in to [location name], then tap Next.
- Give the shortcut a name, eg WOL, then tap Done.
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap Touch, then tap Back Tap.
- Tap Double Tap.
- Scroll down to shortcuts, then tap the WolMobile shortcut.
- Test that the set up is complete by double-tapping the back of your phone. Tap Do, then tap Done to close the widget.