Print requests are used to streamline the printing process when one centralized location prints ID cards for other locations within an organization.
Print requests are created by the Identity Manager, received by a location print manager, then processed, and sent to the original location.
Create a print request
- Go to Tools > Identity Manager.
- Select Token Holders from the left-hand menu.
- (Optional) Filter token holders using Token Type, Status, and/or Keyword Search.
- Select token holders using the checkboxes on the right.
- Select Create Print Request from the run an action menu. Click OK to confirm.
- Select the ID Card Print Location.
- Select the Delivery Method. You can ask the cards to be delivered or indicate that you will pick them up.
- (For Delivery) Enter the Delivery Address. You can choose from your locations’ addresses or enter a custom address.
- Enter any Notes for the Location Print Manager.
- (Optional) Select the checkbox next to Save details for next time.
- Click Save.
The print manager for the selected print location will receive an email and in-app message. They will complete the printing and update the print request status.
You will receive an email and in-app message when the status is updated.
Track print request progress
You can track your print request’s progress from the Print Requests section. All print requests are listed with which print location they were sent to, the number of cards to be printed, who created the request, the current status, when it was created, and when it was last updated.
On receipt of your printed card, update the status to completed:
- Click View Detail next to the request.
- Click Update.
- Update the status to Completed.
- (Optional) Add a note.
- Click Save.
The location print managers will receive an email and in-app message informing them that the job is complete.