Combine triggers with custom questions to deny entry, provide conditional information to someone signing in, notify employees when specific conditions are met, and more. You need the Triggers Manager and Administrator user roles to access these settings.
The trigger example outlined below has the following details:
- Event: Visitor sign in
- Rules: The visitor selects no when answering a custom question
- Action: Deny access pop-up shown to visitor and notification sent to selected employee
To set up a trigger:
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Triggers.
- Click Create a New Trigger.
- Enter the trigger name.
- Select Active next to the Trigger Status.
- Under Trigger Event, select Visitor Sign In.
- Click Next.
- In the Trigger Rules tab, click Create a New Rule next to Must match ANY of the following rules.
- Select the Visitor - Custom Question Answer rule.
- Select is the following as the rule condition.
- Have you experienced flu-like symptoms in the last 7 days? >> Yes.
- Click Next.
- In the Trigger Actions tab, click Create a New Action.
- Select Deny Access as the action.
- Select Red as the pop-up style.
- Enter the message you'd like to display. Click Create a New Action.
- Select Notification: Send an Email as the action.
- Select who will receive the notification. In this example, the employee hosting the visit will be notified.
- Enter the subject and email message. Use the placeholders to customize the message.
- Click Save and Close.
Visitors will now see a deny access message on the kiosk if they answer that they have experienced symptoms recently. The host employee will receive an email.