You can customize the information stored in your employee profiles by adding new fields in your account settings. Choose from a range of field types, drag and drop fields to change the order, and add new tabs to group fields.
Before you can start, custom fields must be enabled as an add-on for your account.
Add custom fields or tabs
To add custom fields for employees:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Employee Custom Fields in the left-hand menu.
- Under Field Types, click on a field then drag and drop it into the tab. Repeat for each field you need.
- For each custom field, add a description in the Details field, then select the checkboxes if it is mandatory and/or unique. Click Save.
- (Optional) Click Add Tab if you’d like to group the fields in separate tabs.
- (Optional) Enter a tab name, then click the checkmark.
- (Optional) Click on the icon to the left of the tab name to drag it into position.
- (Optional) Click and drag the required fields into the new tab.
- Click Save Changes.
Once you’ve added your fields and tabs, you can start working with these fields in your employee records.
If you're updating existing employees, make sure you add the fields before exporting your employee list. Then the new fields will display in your template, ready to be updated.