How custom fields work
Contractor organizations and members have profiles that contain a series of default fields Add custom fields to record information that is not covered by the default fields.
Your Account Owner needs to enable custom fields as an add-on in your account before you can start using them in Contractor Manager. This add-on also enables custom fields for employee profiles.
Once you’ve enabled the custom fields add-on, you can:
- Add custom fields for contractor organizations and members.
- Give each field a name or description.
- Drag and drop the fields to reorder them.
- Choose which fields should be hidden.
- Make fields mandatory or unique.
- Add new tabs so fields can be grouped together.
Custom fields and tabs display in your contractor profiles as soon as you’ve saved your changes.
You can change your Contractor Portal permissions so portal users can only view or edit particular fields.
Custom field types
These are the custom fields that you can add to your contractor profiles. Some fields can be marked as mandatory or set to include unique information.
|Field type||Set as mandatory||Set as unique||Conditions|
|Short text||Yes||Yes||Under 255 characters|
|Single or multiple options||Yes||No|
|Person: single or multiple||No||No|
|Date: single or range||Yes||No|
|Time: single or range||Yes||No|
|Address||Yes||No||Can show address in Google maps|
Enable the custom fields add-on
Use custom fields to customize the information you hold for contractor organizations and members. The account owner for an organization can enable custom fields.
To enable custom fields:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the left-hand menu.
- Next to Custom Fields, click Yes to enable the add-on.
- Click Save.
Once the custom fields add-on is enabled, custom fields can be added in Contractor Manager.