Learn how to add certifications and upload documents to contractor member profiles. You need the Contractor Manager role to add a certification to a profile.
How it works
When you add a certification to a person’s profile you can record:
- The certification number.
- When the certification was achieved. Record this in the Valid From field.
- When the certification expires or requires renewal. Record this in the Valid To field.
- The certification number (if applicable). Within each certification type, the number for each certification must be unique.
- Any supporting documents.
The certification must have been added to your account before you can assign it to a contractor.
Add a certification to a contractor's profile
To add a certification to a contractor member’s profile:
- Go to Tools > Contractor Manager.
- Select Members from the menu on the left.
- Search for the contractor, then click View next to their name.
- Select Certifications from the menu on the left.
- Click Add Certification.
- (Optional) Select the certification type.
- Select the certification name.
- (Optional) Add the certification number.
- Select a Valid From and Valid To date. These dates are not mandatory. However, Certification Expiry Reports will not include this person’s certifications if dates are not applied.
- Select the Verified checkbox to confirm that the certification has been checked. This field is only visible if you have verifier permission.
- (Optional) Drag a file from your computer into the document box, or click the box and select a file from your computer. Once a document is uploaded you can rename it, remove it, and view and download it.
- Click Save & Close.
Next step: Users with the Certifications Manager role can access certification reporting to identify who has a specific certification, if there's a certification that needs verifying, and who has a certification expiring.