How it works
Triggers are used to automate actions based on sign in/out activity in WhosOnLocation. There are many different triggers available to help you manage people visiting your location, including sending notifications, displaying messages, denying access based on answers to custom questions, and more.
To set up the trigger, you need to configure the following details:
- Choose the event – select what the event is that will trigger the pop-up notification.
- Set up the rule – choose the parameters for activating the trigger. In this example, the host status is the rule.
- Choose what the action is – select the action that is triggered if the event and rule is met.
Set up a trigger to deny access if a host is not on-site
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Triggers.
- Click Create a New Trigger.
Trigger Details tab
- Enter the trigger name.
- Select Active next to the Trigger Status.
- Under Trigger Event, select Visitor Sign In.
- Click Next.
Trigger Rules tab
- Click Create a New Rule.
- Select the Visitor - Host Status rule.
- Select is the Following as the rule condition.
- Select Off-Site.
- Click Next.
Trigger Actions tab
- Click Create a New Action.
- Select Deny Access as the action.
- Select Red as the pop-up style.
- Use the placeholders to set up the pop-up title and message.
- Click Save & Close.
Visitors will now see a deny access message on the kiosk if they select a host who is not on-site.