If a certification has been set up to allow employees to self-manage, any employee with an OnLocation login can update their own certifications in their profile.
How it works
When a Certification Manager sets up a certification, they can choose if the certification can be self-managed by employees.
Employees with OnLocation login permission can add the certification by going into their profile then adding the details and uploading any supporting documents.
The certification will then be visible in the certifications report and in their employee profile. If the certification requires verification, a user with the required permissions can verify it.
Add a certification
To add a certification:
- Click on your name at the top-right of the screen, then select My Profile.
- Select Certifications from the left-hand menu.
- Click Add Certification.
- (Optional) Select the certification type.
- Select the certification.
- (Optional) Enter the certification number
- (Optional) Add the valid from and to dates.
- If you have verifier permission, you can mark the certification as verified. If you don't have permission, you won't see this field.
- (Optional) Drag a file into the document field. Depending on the certification settings, proving documentation may be mandatory.
- Click Save & Close.
Next step: if your organization uses OnLocation Mobile, you can check your certifications anytime by viewing your access summary.