When a delivery agent arrives at your location, they will approach your Sign In/Out Manager (receptionist, security guard, etc) who can log the delivery. This will automatically send notifications to the appropriate people making receiving deliveries as painless as possible.
Deliveries must be enabled for the location before you can register deliveries using Sign In/Out Manager.
Add a delivery in Sign In/Out Manager
To enter a delivery in:
- Go to Tools > Sign In/Out Manager.
- Click the More Actions button, then select Deliveries. A pop-up window will appear to enter the delivery details.
If the multi-language add-on has been enabled for this location, the pop-up will appear in the selected language.
- Choose if the package is for a single person or multiple people. Single is for one specific person, multiple is for a group of people.
- (If applicable) If single is selected, enter the employee the delivery is for.
- Select the delivery type. The Sign In/Out Manager can select more than one type if necessary.
- Select whether or not a signature is needed for the release of the delivery.
- Click Next.
An alert will appear in the bottom left-hand corner of the Sign In/Out Manager screen and a notification will be sent to the recipient(s) according to the settings and type of delivery.
An email and/or text will be received by one or more people about the delivery. All people added as multiple-person delivery recipients will receive an email for all deliveries.
By setting up employees with the necessary email address and/or mobile number in WhosOnLocation as recipients, you can ensure that someone will always be notified about deliveries whether or not the intended recipient has information in WhosOnLocation.
Deliveries recipients will receive an email and/or text which says where the delivery agent is at your location, what the delivery is, and if it requires a signature. If it is an email, the subject line will say who the delivery is for.
If you are using the multi-language add-on, notifications will still be in English.