Learn how to assign the Certifications Manager user role. You need the Administrator user role to access these settings.
About the role
The Certifications Manager user role is responsible for creating your organization's certifications list. The role can be assigned to multiple people in your organization.
There are two permission levels:
- Global - users can add, update, and remove any certification. They can verify certifications if this role is selected in a specific certification and view all certifications in the certifications report.
- Limited - users can access certifications for a specific location or certification type. They can add, update, and remove any certification that meets these criteria, and view these certifications in the reporting. They can also verify certifications if this role is selected in a specific certification.
Once a certification is created, a user with the Administrator user role can add it to an employee profile. If it requires verification, a user with the specified role can verify the certification from the certifications report or within the profile.
Assign the user role
To assign a user role:
- Go to Tools > User Roles.
- Find the person you wish to assign the role to.
- Click Manage Roles next to the user’s name.
- Scroll down and select Certifications Manager.
- Choose the permission level: Global Certifications Manager or Limited, then select the relevant locations and certification types.
- Click Assign Roles.
Next step: The next time this employee logs in to OnLocation they will be able to access Certifications Manager from their homepage or the Tools menu.