It's essential to keep accurate, up-to-date records about your contractor organizations and the contracts you have with them. You can record these agreements for each organization in Contractor Manager.
Whether you are adding current contracts, historical contracts for your records, or upcoming contracts for an organization, they are all added the same way in OnLocation.
This article covers:
Add a contract
- Go to Tools > Contractor Manager.
- Click View next to the organization you want to add a contract to.
- Select Contracts from the left-hand menu.
- Click Add Contract.
- Enter the contract details:
Contract Type – Chosen from the types set up in your contract settings.
Contract Name – The identifying name of the contract.
Contract Reference – The reference number for the contract.
Contract Start Date – The date the contract is valid from.
Contract Expires – The expiry date of the contract.
Contract Value – How much the contract is worth.
Status of Contract – Active for a currently active contract, Pending for a contract that is not yet active, or Expired for historical contracts that have already expired.
Description – A description of what the contract is for.
Contract Owner – The contractor member who manages this contract and is responsible for renewal if applicable. A member must have the Contracts Owner contact role type assigned to be a Contract Owner.
- Click Save and Next. Once the contract details have been entered, a summary of these will appear at the top of the page while in any of this contract's settings.
- Upload any supporting documents for the contract. To upload a document, drag a file into the click upload box. You can upload PDF, Image, or Word file formats.
You can then update it using the View, Rename, or Remove buttons next to the document.
- Click Save and Next.
- Set the expiry notification recipients. These people will receive notifications, set up in the Contracts Settings, when a contract is due to expire. The default settings are automatically applied.
- Click Save and Next.
- Set the expiry notification timings. This will determine when and how often recipients receive expiry notifications. The default settings are automatically applied.
- Click Save and Close.
To Edit an existing contract, click View next to the contract and make changes to the necessary areas as covered in these steps.
Delete or archive a contract
When a contract has finished, or you no longer require the contract, you can either delete or archive the contract.
Delete a contract
Deleting a contract will completely remove it from the system, and you will no longer have any record of it. This is useful for testing contracts or removing mistakes.
To delete a contract, either click Delete next to the contract or use the run action menu:
- Select the checkboxes next to the contract(s) menu.
- Click Run an action, and select Remove Contract. Click Ok to confirm.
The contract will be deleted from the system and can't be restored.
Archive a contract
Archiving a contract will change the status of the contract, but it will still be available to view, edit or restore. It will only be visible when the Archive filter is changed to Archived Only. This is useful for most contracts when you want to keep a historical record of previous contracts you have had with an organization. Archived contracts will not send out expiry notifications.
To archive a contract or multiple contracts:
- Select the contract(s) using the checkbox(es) next to their records.
- Click Run an action, then select Archive Contract. Click Ok to confirm.
The contract will be archived and accessible by changing the filters to view archived contracts.