You will need:
- An iPad running iOS 10+ - we would recommend an iPad Air with WiFi + Cellular (Cellular functionality is to support areas with weak or no access to WiFi)
- Your Apple ID for the iPad
If you are using an iPad kiosk, you need to download OnLocation Kiosk, Safari is not supported.
Step 1: Set up a new kiosk
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to the location.
- Select Sign In/Out Kiosks from the left-hand menu.
- Click Create a New Kiosk.
- Complete the fields in the Settings tab. make sure you select iPad as the kiosk device and note your login email address and password.
- Go through the remaining tabs completing the relevant fields. Make sure you complete the Layout tab so you can customize the color and wording on the kiosk and set it up as touchless.
- Select Save and Close.
Step 2: Install the kiosk app on your iPad
- On your iPad, go to the App Store and search for OnLocation Kiosk (or click this link).
- Download OnLocation Kiosk, then tap Continue.
- Open OnLocation Kiosk.
- Log in to the kiosk using the username and password you created while setting up the kiosk.
- Sign in your first visitor.
You may like to check the kiosk settings to ensure your printer and/or barcode scanner are installed correctly. You can do this by tapping the menu icon in the top right-hand corner of OnLocation Kiosk.
OnLocation kiosk does not support vertical orientation due to the features that don't display well in portrait mode.