Create a new notice
Before you create a notice, your Account Owner must enable the important notices add-on.
To create a notice:
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Important Notices.
- Click Create a New Notice.
- Enter the notice name.
- Select Acknowledgment as the notice type.
- Enter the title of the notice. This is used to identify it in your reporting and will be displayed to your guests.
- Choose whether the notice should be displayed at sign in, sign out, or before sign in.
- Select the date you want the acknowledgment to be viewed from. This can be set to a date in the future.
- Select the archive date. This is the date you want the acknowledgment to display.
- Select how often you want the acknowledgment to show, once or continuously, through the published period.
- Add the message you want your audience to acknowledge.
- Choose who will see the notice: visitors, employees on-site, employees working remotely, and contractors.
- Choose the font size of the notice text.
- Update the response settings if required (see below)
- (Optional) Click Preview Notice to check it's been set up correctly.
- Click Save.
If using today’s date, the notice will be published immediately. See how acknowledgment notices are displayed to your guests.
Response fields explained
You can customize the wording of the response options and request more information based on their response in this section:
- Acknowledge Button - The green button is used for acknowledging a notice.
- Response Required when Acknowledged - Whether more information is required when selecting the acknowledge option.
- Do Not Acknowledge Button - The red button is used when not acknowledging a notice.
- Response Required when Not Acknowledged - Whether more information is required when selecting the do not acknowledge option.
You can add translations for your acknowledgment notices using the multi-language add-on so they are displayed in your selected language.
OnLocation Mobile is not translated, so users signing in using this method will always be presented with acknowledgments in English.
To add/edit available translations:
- Click Edit Translations. A translation widget will pop up on-screen.
- Select the language to translate.
- Enter the translations.
- Click Save Changes.
The Preview Notice option only shows your acknowledgment in English.