There are two different ways you can add a contractor member, one at a time, or in bulk by CSV import. You can add more detail when you add a member manually.
If you need to record information that is not included in the default member fields, add custom fields in contractor manager before adding new contractor members.
Add a contractor member
The only required field is their full name, however, if you have added mandatory custom fields, you'll also need to complete this information. We recommend entering as much information as possible to keep detailed records.
To add a contractor member:
- Go to Tools > Contractor Manager.
- Select Members from the left-hand menu.
- Click Add Members.
- Click Manually.
- Complete the profile information. See below for more details.
- Click Save & Manage Organizations to continue setting up this member.
If you want to add another member, click Save & Add Another. If you only want to enter the contact details of this member, click Save & Exit.
The default profile information fields include:
- Full Name – The member’s name. You must have a first and last name to add a member.
- Job Title – The member’s title in their organization.
- Primary Email Address – This is used for contact, sending notifications, invitations, and inductions to the member.
- Contractor ID – Can be entered instead of a name during sign in/out on a kiosk.
- Other Email Address – Can be used to send an induction or for contact records.
- Mobile Number – This is used for contact, sending notifications, invitations, and inductions to the member.
- Phone Number – For your contact records.
- Extension Number – In case an extension is needed to reach the member at their phone number.
- ICE Number – The number of the member’s emergency contact.
- Status of Account – The status of the member in MRI OnLocation. You can choose between Pending, Active, Inactive, On-Hold, and Banned. The member must have an active status to sign in to your locations.
- Permitted On-site From and Permitted On-site To – The date the member can sign in from and the date the member can sign in until. These dates are optional, if they are blank, the member will always be considered valid.
If your organization uses custom fields, you may have extra fields complete and tabs to click through.
Search for the member’s organization and select from the dropdown menu. By default, the member will have the same access permissions as the organization and no organization roles assigned.
You can assign a member to as many organizations as required and customize location permissions and roles for each organization.
To change the member’s location permissions from the default:
- Click Location Access.
- Select the location(s) the member should have access to.
- Select the level of access: permitted or temporary.
- (If temporary) select their access date range.
- Click Close.
Organization roles are optional but can be used for several purposes. Click here for more details on these roles.
To add organization roles for the member:
- Click Organization Roles.
- Select the member’s roles.
- Click Close.
- Repeat the above to add multiple organizations and when you’ve finished, click Save.
All other options from this point are only available with the relevant Add-on enabled except Notes.
You can send an individual member a mobile app URL and code from this section, giving them access to the app for signing in and out of OnLocation.
A contractor member can only access the app once they have been sent their URL/code, so if you are setting your members up with this ability you should send the URL now.
To send the URL/code, click Send activation and select either Send via Text Message or Send via Email. The member will need to have the corresponding information set up in OnLocation to receive the message.
In this section, you can add inductions to the member’s profile as long as you have the Induction Manager user role assigned and the inductions are set up in the Induction Management section of OnLocation.
If you do not have any inductions set up in OnLocation, you cannot add them to the member’s profile.
To add an induction:
- Click Add to assign them to a member's profile.
- If they've completed the course, select the date.
- Click Add Induction.
Add any tokens to the member's profile to allow for easy sign in/out through scanning. The tokens are the numbers associated with the barcodes which are scanned to sign in or out of a location. The token types are used for categorizing the different tokens a contractor can use, these are set up in Identity Manager.
To add a token to the contractor member’s profile:
- Click Add Token.
- Choose a token type.
- Either enter the number manually or scan the associated barcode/QR code to enter the number.
- (Optional) Add an issue and expiry date.
- Click Save.
Add any certifications that are relevant to the contractor. Certifications are set up in Certifications Manager and added to each contractor's profile as required.
Certifications can be used to deny entry to locations if they are expired and can be required before being allowing contractors to undertake certain jobs.
The only required field to add a certification to a member’s profile is the name, everything else including documents is optional.
To add a certification to a contractor member’s profile:
- Click Add Certification.
- Choose the certification from the drop-down menu. You can use the Filter By Type option to narrow down the dropdown menu results.
- Enter the certification number.
- Select the dates of the certification.
- Click Save & Next.
- Upload any supporting documents.
- Click Save & Close.
Notes are not an add-on, they are enabled for every account. Add any notes about the contractor member for your records.
There are two methods to enter notes, manually one-by-one or in bulk via CSV import.
Enter notes manually
- Click Add New Note.
- Select a note type.
- Enter a subject.
- Enter the note.
- Click Save.
Enter notes in bulk
- Click Import Notes.
- Download the Import Note Template by selecting the link.
- Save the file to your computer.
- Enter the notes’ details.
When adding notes via CSV import, you will need to ensure that your Note Type is one of the options in the same dropdown list or the file will not import.
- Save the file using the CSV UTF-8 file format for the best results.
- Click Select CSV File.
- Select the file from your computer and click Open.
- Click Import Notes.
- You can edit a note by clicking View next to it, adjusting the details, and clicking Save. This will be recorded in the note’s logs.
- Remove a note by clicking Delete next to it, or using the checkbox to select it and the Run an Action Menu to delete multiple notes at once.
- View the changes made to notes by clicking the Logs button.
- Export a CSV file of notes by clicking the Export Notes button.
The contractor member will be saved in your member list. You can edit any of these details at any time by searching for the member using the search fields and clicking View next to their name.