How it works
WhosOnLocation’s Qualifications Management add-on allows your organization to:
- Keep track of whether a person’s qualifications, certifications, and accreditations are current
- Helps you to comply with workplace regulations
- Ensures that you have some ‘control’ in place to manage whether a person is permitted to carry out a task while on-site.
Enable the add-on
Qualifications Management is an add-on and must be activated by the Account Owner before use. To activate the add-on:
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the menu on the left.
- Click Yes next to the Qualifications Management add-on.
- Click Save.
About the Qualifications Manager user role
The qualifications your organization will want to manage will differ from other organizations. Recording which employees or contractors has a ‘Forklift Driver’s License’ or a ‘Working from Heights Certificate’ may have relevance to a logistics or manufacturing company but it may have no relevance to a charity organization or a school.
Qualifications therefore are unique to your organization. You decide what qualification are important to your organization by creating them. Creating your qualifications list is the role of the Qualifications Manager.
Once the qualification list is created who records which employees or contractors have the qualification?
- Employees can have a qualification recorded against their profile by any user assigned the user role of Administrator.
- Contractor member’s holding a qualification can have it recorded against their profile by any user assigned the user role of Contractor Manager.
Neither an Administrator or a Contractor Manager can create or setup a qualifications list. This is the role of the Qualifications Manager.
You can assign the role to multiple people but best practise is that it is limited to 2 people to maintain control over the qualifications list.
Don’t forget every Administrator and Contractor Manager can assign qualifications to people – but creating the actual qualifications list should be limited to only a few people at most.
Assign a person the Qualifications Manager user role
Only an Administrator can assign themselves or a colleague to a user role.
- Go to Tools > User Roles.
- Find the person you wish to assign the role to.
- Click Manage Roles next to the user’s name.
- Scroll down and select Qualifications Manager.
- Click Assign Roles.
The next time this user logs onto WhosOnLocation they will be able to access the Qualifications Manager tools from their homepage or via Tools, in the upper toolbar.