Learn how to add asset groups. You must be an Asset Manager with either global or manager rights to add groups.
About asset groups
All asset types are associated with a specific asset group. An asset group connects asset types that have similar characteristics.
Asset groups have three attributes:
- Name of the asset group
- Asset class:
- Transferable – the asset can be issued out (given to) a person, e.g., PPE gear, keys, and cards.
- Fixed Location – the asset is fixed in a set location. Like a wind turbine or a piece of machinery that stays on-site. These assets can be issued to someone who manages the asset.
- Description of the asset group
Set up an asset group
To set up an asset group:
- Go to Tools > Asset Manager.
- Select Manage Asset Groups from the menu on the left.
- Click Create a New Asset Group.
- Enter a name for your group.
- Select the asset class for your group:
Transferable – the asset can be issued to a person, e.g., vehicles, keys, and cards.
Fixed – the asset is fixed in a set location, e.g., a piece of machinery that stays on-site. These assets can be issued out, but you are assigning control of the asset to the person.
- Enter a description for your group.
- Select Save.
Next step: You can now add asset types and link them to your new asset groups.