Learn how to add asset groups. You must be an Asset Manager with either global or manager rights to add groups.
An asset group is a set of asset types that have similar characteristics, eg you may set up a group for keys, which has several types of keys linked to it.
To set up an asset group:
- Go to Tools > Asset Manager.
- Select Manage Asset Groups from the menu on the left.
- Click Create a New Asset Group.
- Enter a name for your group.
- Select the asset class for your group:
Transferable – the asset can be issued out to a person, eg vehicles, keys, and cards.
Fixed – the asset is fixed in a set location, eg a piece of machinery that stays on-site. These assets can be issued out but the context would be you are assigning ‘control’ of the asset to the person.
- Enter a description for your group.
- Select Save.
You can now add asset types and link them to your new asset groups.