About asset groups
All asset types are associated with a specific asset group.
An asset group connects asset types that have similar characteristics. For example, if you set up an asset group called ‘Keys’, you may have several asset types within the group:
- Building door keys
- Warehouse door keys
- Car keys
Asset groups have three attributes:
- Name of the asset group
- Asset class:
- Transferable – the asset can be issued out (given to) a person, eg PPE gear, keys, and cards.
- Fixed Location – the asset is fixed in a set location. Like a wind turbine or a piece of machinery that stays on-site. These assets can be issued out to someone who manages the asset.
- Description of the asset group
Set up an asset group
To set up an asset group:
- Go to Tools > Asset Manager.
- Select Manage Asset Groups from the menu on the left.
- Click Create a New Asset Group.
- Enter a name for your group.
- Select the asset class for your group:
Transferable – the asset can be issued out to a person, eg vehicles, keys, and cards.
Fixed – the asset is fixed in a set location, eg a piece of machinery that stays on-site. These assets can be issued out but the context would be you are assigning ‘control’ of the asset to the person.
- Enter a description for your group.
- Select Save.