An asset type a subset of an asset group. For example you may set up an asset group for keys, with several types of keys within it (building keys, car keys etc).
To add an asset type:
- Go to Tools > Asset Manager.
- Select Manage Asset Types from the menu on the left.
- Click Create a New Asset Type.
- Select the asset group this type belongs to.
- Enter a name for your new asset type.
- (Optional) Enter a description for your asset type.
- Click Save.
You can now add an asset and link it to your new asset groups and types.