How it works
An asset type is a sub-set of an asset group. For example, you may set up an asset group called ‘Keys’. Then you may have several asset types that fall within the keys group:
- Building door keys
- Warehouse door keys
- Car keys
Every key you add to the asset register will be assigned to a type. Before you can add an asset to the register you must first set up your asset groups and types.
Asset Types have three attributes:
- Asset group
- Name of asset type
- Description of asset type
Add an asset type
Before you start, make sure you have added the relevant asset group.
To add an asset type:
- Go to Tools > Asset Manager.
- Select Manage Asset Types from the menu on the left.
- Click Create a New Asset Type.
- Select the asset group this type belongs to.
- Enter a name for your new asset type.
- (Optional) Enter a description for your asset type.
- Click Save.