About policy types
Having a fixed list of insurance policy types gives you more control of the information being entered in WhosOnLocation. It avoids double-ups and spelling mistakes, controls naming conventions, and it keeps information more organized. This list can be managed from the Insurance Settings.
Policy types are used when adding policies to a contractor organization's account.
Every account comes with 26 default policy types. These are fully customizable and should be adjusted to meet your needs where required. The default types are:
- Business Interruption / Loss of Profits
- Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Contract Works Insurance
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Electronic Equipment & Data
- Employers Liability
- Employment Disputes Insurance
- Errors & Omissions Indemnity
- Material Damage
- Machinery Breakdown
- Marine Cargo (including transport by sea, air, road and rail)
- Professional Indemnity
- Public Liability
- Statutory Liability
- Sub-Contractors / Labour Only Payment Guarantee
- Tools, Plant and Equipment
- Workers Compensation Insurance
Manage your policy types
- Go to Tools > Contractor Manager.
- Select Insurance Settings from the left-hand menu. You will land on the Policy Types tab. Here you can rename, remove, or add new policy types.
To rename a policy type, click View next to the type, edit the name, and click Save.
To remove a policy type, click Delete next to the type and click Remove to confirm. You cannot delete a policy type if it has been assigned to one or more policies.
To add a new policy type, click Add Policy Type above the list of policy types, enter your new policy type name, and click Save.