In this article we explain how to update your default Policy Types List. You must be a Service Provider Administrator to be able to access Insurance Settings to manage the Policy Type List.
Managing your Policy Types List
- Navigate to Tools > Service Provider Manager.
- Select Insurance Settings from the directory on the left side of screen.
When you add a new policy to a Service Provider Organization record you are asked to select a ‘type’ of policy from a dropdown list. Your account comes with 26 built-in Insurance Policy Types which you can customize. The built in Policy Types are:
- Business Interruption / Loss of Profits
- Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Contract Works Insurance
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Electronic Equipment & Data
- Employers Liability
- Employment Disputes Insurance
- Errors & Omissions Indemnity
- Material Damage
- Machinery Breakdown
- Marine Cargo (including transport by sea, air, road and rail)
- Professional Indemnity
- Public Liability
- Statutory Liability
- Sub-Contractors / Labour Only Payment Guarantee
- Tools, Plant and Equipment
- Workers Compensation Insurance
What is the purpose of the Policy Type List? If every user with access to the Service Provider Management function was able to randomly enter a Policy Type against a specific Policy there would be a propensity for spelling mistakes, and double-ups caused by slight variations in spellings. In most instances organizations want ‘control’ over policy types and naming conventions. The Insurance Settings function allows this.
- To rename a Policy Type select the green View button alongside the Type, edit and
- To remove a Policy Type select the *Delete button alongside the Type.
- To add a new Policy Type select the green Add Policy Type button found above the list of Policy Types, enter your new policy type name, and