Having a fixed list of insurance policy types gives you more control of the information being entered in WhosOnLocation. It avoids double-ups and spelling mistakes, controls naming conventions, and it keeps information more organized. This list can be managed from the Insurance Settings.
Policy Types are used when adding policies to a Service Provider Organization's account.
Managing your Policy Types
1. Go to Tools > Service Provider Manager
2. Select Insurance Settings from the left-hand menu
You will land on the Policy Types tab. Here you can rename, remove, or add new policy types.
To rename a Policy Type, click the green View button next to the type, edit the name, and click Save.
To remove a Policy Type select the Delete button alongside the type and click Remove on the confirmation.
To add a new Policy Type click the green Add Policy Type button found above the list of Policy Types, enter your new Policy Type Name, and click Save.
Every account comes with 26 default policy types. These are fully customizable and should be adjusted to meet your needs where required. The default types are:
- Business Interruption / Loss of Profits
- Commercial Motor Vehicle
- Contract Works Insurance
- Directors’ and Officers’ Liability
- Electronic Equipment & Data
- Employers Liability
- Employment Disputes Insurance
- Errors & Omissions Indemnity
- Material Damage
- Machinery Breakdown
- Marine Cargo (including transport by sea, air, road and rail)
- Professional Indemnity
- Public Liability
- Statutory Liability
- Sub-Contractors / Labour Only Payment Guarantee
- Tools, Plant and Equipment
- Workers Compensation Insurance