How it works
OnEvac is a mobile app that allows first responders, wardens, and safety marshals to have accurate information in an emergency. They can share critical messages, view the real-time verification process, and manually verify the safety of everyone on-site.
Anyone signed in when the evacuation event is created is counted as on-site during the evacuation. However, the integrity of the data in OnEvac is only as good as your organization's tracking of people's presence on-site.
After the emergency, you can run detailed reports on emergency communications, mustering, and evacuations. These reports provide valuable insight into the efficiency of your emergency procedures for review.
Using OnEvac, you can:
- Track zones cleared
- View a muster report
- Send SMS asking people to self-verify their safety
- Do a manual roll-call
- Share critical messages with other safety marshals
- View ‘need help’ requests from those who are not safe
- Real-time verification of evacuation progress
- View post-evacuation reports
- If you use multi-language, send and receive SMS in your default language
OnEvac is a web application compatible with iOS (iPhone and iPad), Microsoft (phone & Surface), and Android (phone and tablet). OnEvac is not available in the app or Google Play store. It needs to be saved on your phone as a shortcut, bookmark, or pin.
OnEvac is an add-on available on all pricing plans. If you run out of SMS credits during an emergency, we will honor any SMS usage and send you an invoice after the evacuation event.
You can have as many employees as OnEvac users as you like. Typically users are safety marshals, and/or fire and floor wardens. OnEvac has two types of user roles:
- Managers (normally the safety marshal, fire, or floor warden) can create and close OnEvac events from their phone.
- Assistants are invited to join a new OnEvac event when the event is created by a Manager and can collaborate to verify cleared zones or areas, and the safety of employees, visitors, and contractors. They can:
- Track that zones are cleared
- Send SMS/Text asking #AreYouSafe
- Perform a manual roll-call
- Share messages with other OnEvac users
- View ‘need help’ requests from people NOT safe
- View real-time verification progress
- View post evacuation reports