Photos are captured using:
- A web camera installed on the Sign In/Out Manager's computer
- A camera either built-in or installed on your sign in/out kiosk
- Your smartphone camera (for touchless sign in)
Photo capture is supported on Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, and the WolKiosk app.
Photo capture frequency
Choose a photo capture frequency rate when activating photo capture at a location. This determines how often a photo of a returning visitor, contractor, or employee is taken.
You can set up a photo capture frequency rate to be one of the following:
- Every visit
- Every 30 days
- Every 90 days (this is the default setting)
- Every 180 days
- Every 365 days
Photo retention policy
Photos are Personally Identifiable Information (PII) stored for a specified number of days on our servers. Choose a photo retention policy rate. The minimum is 7 days, and the maximum is 730 days (2 years), after which they are removed permanently. You can choose a photo retention policy rate to be one of the following:
- 7 days
- 30 days
- 90 days
- 180 days
- 365 days (1 year)
- 730 days (2 years)
Photos are removed within 24 hours of the retention date expiring. For example, if a photo is captured on 1st January and your retention policy is set to 180 days, the visitor's photo is deleted from all servers by midnight on the 181st day of the year – June 30th.
Photo lookup options
Once a photo is captured, it is available for viewing until the photo retention period passes, then it is deleted. Photos can be viewed:
- Through the reporting tools. Just select a visitor by name to view their photo.
- In Sign In/Out Manager, click Sign Out to view a list of people on site. Select s person's name; their photo will display.
Photo editing options
It is possible for both Sign In/Out Managers to retake a person's photo if they are not happy with the previous one. It is also possible for a Reports Manager user to replace the captured photo with an updated one.