Learn how to create an eLearning induction course. You must create the course in MRI OnLocation before you can add the content and send it to your learners. You need the Induction Manager user role to access these settings.
How it works
Create eLearning courses in OnLocation using the induction builder feature. The courses can contain text, images, videos, and quizzes. Most learners complete the course before coming on-site.
When creating a course, set up the following:
- Name and description
- Number of attempts allowed
- Who the course applies to
- If you'd like to send automatic course invitations
- How often learners must take the course
- If you'll deny access to the location if the induction expires
- Which certificate the learner receives when they complete the course
Invitations to complete an eLearning course can be sent manually or automatically. If a course is set up to use automatic course invitations, any new learner who meets the course criteria receives an invite. You can choose to also send invites to existing employees and contractors who do not have a current induction record.
Create an induction course
- Go to Tools > Induction Management.
- Click Create a New Induction Course.
- In the Course Details tab, select eLearning as the course type.
- Enter the course name.
- Enter a description. This helps other users understand the course's purpose or scope.
- Select how many attempts learners have before failing the course.
- Choose a Course Owner. This person maintains the course and receives expiry notifications.
- Set any restrictions on which locations can manage this course.
- Click Next.
- Choose the types of learners you want to take this course: Employees, Contractors, or both.
- Select who can take the course:
Employees: Choose if there are location, department, or employee role type restrictions.
Contractors: Choose if there are location, categories and groups, or contact roles types.
- Select the checkbox to send automatic course invitations. For contractors, choose if they should have the active or pending status.
- Select when to renew this induction course.
- Choose if you want this course to deny access to learners if it has expired.
- Click Next.
- Choose the certificate template you want to use. Learners will receive a copy when they complete the course.
- Click Save.
- (Automatic invites only) choose if you'd like to invite existing employees or contractors.
Click Send Invitation to invite any current employees or contractors. They must meet the criteria and not have already been sent an invitation.
If you only want to invite new learners, click Don't Invite.
Next steps: Add your course assets to OnLocation, including video, images, and documents. Then put the course together using the induction course builder.