Learn how to create an eLearning induction course. You need to set up the course in MRI OnLocation before you can build the course and send it to your learners. You need the Induction Manager user role to access these settings.
To create an eLearning induction course:
- Go to Tools > Induction Management.
- Click Create a New Induction Course.
- In the Course Details tab, select eLearning as the course type.
- Enter the course name.
- Enter a description so that other users with access to the induction tools can see the purpose, scope, and/or intent of this course.
- Select how many attempts learners have before failing the course.
- Choose a Course Owner. This person is responsible for keeping the course updated and can be notified when courses are expiring.
- Set any restrictions on which locations can manage this course. If none is selected, any induction manager can access and manage this course.
- Click Next.
- Choose the types of learners you want to take this course: Employees, Contractors, or both.
- Add any restrictions for who can take the course:
Employees: Choose if it should be restricted by locations, departments, or employee role types.
Contractors: Choose if it should be restricted by locations, categories and groups, or contact roles types.
- Select the checkbox to automatically invite learners.
If the course is for contractors, you can choose to automatically invite members with the Active or Pending status.
- Select how often this induction course needs to be renewed.
- Set if you want his course to automatically deny access to learners if it has expired.
- Click Next.
- In the Certificate of Learning tab, choose the Certificate of Learning Template you want to send your learners when they have completed the course.
- Click Save.
- If you've enabled auto-invite, choose if you'd like to invite existing employees or contracts:
Click Send Invitation to send a course invitation to your current employees or contractors who meet the course criteria and haven't already been invited.
If you only want to invite new learners, click Don't Invite.