There are three types of induction courses within WhosOnLocation - Internal, External, and WOL eLearning. In this article we look at how to create internal and external induction courses, then add them to your employee or contractor profiles. For information on creating WOL eLearning courses, check the Help article.
- Internal - An internal induction course is a course created and delivered by members of your own organization, this may include group presentations, show and tell site walk-throughs, etc.
- External - An external induction course is a course created and delivered by a third party, this may include health and safety training, specific licenses, etc.
Create an induction course
To create an internal or external induction course:
- Go to Tools > Induction Management.
- Click Create a New Induction Course.
- Select Course Type as either internal or external.
- Enter the Course Name.
- Enter a Description of the course so that other users with access to the induction tools can see the purpose, scope, and/or intent of this course.
- Set any restrictions on who can manage this course. If none selected, any induction manager can access and manage this course.
- Click Next.
- Choose the types of people (learners) you want to be able to take this course. You can choose employees, contractors, or both. And you can choose to restrict these learners by departments and roles.
- Choose how often this induction course needs to be renewed.
- Set if you want this course to automatically deny access to learners if it has expired. You can set up triggers to display a custom message, and/or send notifications to specified people if they are denied access.
- Click Save.
Your course is now ready to activate and add to learner’s profiles.
To activate the course, simply click on the orange Pending button next to your course, and click Activate to confirm.