About community members
A community member visits or works at your location but isn’t employed by your organization. Each member has their own profile.
You can add a community member individually.
Community: means a group of people (which we refer to as community members) whose community name uniquely describes them distinctly from employees, contractors, visitors or other communities in the account. Examples of a new community are:
- Residents - to describe people occupying units in an aged-care facility or people occupying units in a multi-family facility.
- Students - to describe children attending a school or any form of education service provider facility.
- Volunteers - to describe people providing a volunteer service to the client.
Add a community member
The only required field is their full name, but if you have added mandatory custom fields, you must complete this information.
To add a community member:
- Go to Locations > click on your community.
If you have multiple locations, make sure the correct location appears under the Locations heading. Communities will appear under all locations; however, a community member will only appear in the community for a specific location where you have created their profile.
- Click Add member.
- Complete the profile information and complete other member settings as outlined below.
Complete the member's profile information:
- Enter the member’s full name. You must add a first and last name.
- Enter the member’s title at their organization. This will be displayed on the kiosk during sign in/out if there are multiple people from this organization with the same name.
- Enter the member’s external ID if applicable.
- Add their email address. This sends notifications, invitations, notices and inductions to the member.
- Add their mobile number. This is used to contact the member, to send notifications, invitations, and inductions to the member.
- Add their year.
- Click Save & close.
If your organization uses custom fields, you may have extra fields to complete and tabs to click through.