How OnScan works
On a day to day basis, the standard workflow for using OnScan with Sign In/Out Manager is:
- Visitor arrives on-site and lets the Sign In/Out Manager know who they are here to visit.
- Sign In/Out Manager scans the visitor’s ID using OnScan.
- Information is automatically saved in OnLocation, then Sign In/Out Manager completes the visitor sign-in process.
- Visitor badge printed.
- The visitor’s host is notified and collects the visitor.
Supported ID types
OnScan captures a photo of the ID using the Generic ID Card setting.
To extract information from the ID and enter it into OnLocation automatically, the photo ID must be a passport (any country) or a driver’s license from one of these supported countries: Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the United Kingdom, and the United States of America.
If using a supported ID type, OnScan will extract the information and automatically enter it into OnLocation. Otherwise, it will only capture and record a photo of the ID.
There is an additional cost to use OnScan. You're charged depending on the number of active devices set up to use OnScan at your location.
You can manage the number of device licenses and register or deactivate devices at any time.
Check the OnLocation website to learn more about pricing.
Benefits of OnScan
- Reduced cost – No specialized equipment is required, you can use an existing iPhone or iPad. The device could be an employee’s existing phone, or a shared iPad kept at the reception area.
- Portable – You can scan visitors’ IDs from anywhere and the information can be sent to any computer signed into the Sign In/Out Manager’s account, allowing for a single phone to be shared between the team.
- Multi-Functional – Don’t limit yourself to using just one OnLocation app on your iPhone. In addition to OnScan, we recommend using OnEvac as well. In an evacuation, the Sign In/Out Manager can use the iPhone they were using for OnScan to help verify the safety of everyone on-site with OnEvac.
- Added Security – Ensure visitors' identity by capturing their photo ID and storing it within your OnLocation account should you need to verify their identity at a later stage.
- Increased Productivity – Quickly and accurately sign in new visitors by scanning their photo ID, instead of entering manually. Fast sign in for returning visitors by matching their photo ID held within OnLocation to their visitor profile. Easily add photo ID to already signed in or pre-registered visitors by scanning and matching the photo ID details to their profile within OnLocation.
- Data Security – All visitor data, including captured images, is sent directly to the OnLocation server your data is stored on. No data is processed by a third party.
OnScan set up
To use OnScan, you need to:
- Enable the integration within your OnLocation account
- Configure the OnScan options within your OnLocation account
- Download and install the OnScan app on an iPhone or iPad
- Link OnScan with Sign In/Out Manager, then start capturing visitor IDs.