Instant messages are used to send a one-off message to employees, contractors, and visitors, or any combination of these audiences. They are useful when a group message needs to be sent, including:
- Notifying everyone on-site of an emergency situation, e.g. active shooter.
- Needing to update employees and/or contractors about a policy change.
- An emergency affecting the surrounding area e.g. tornado or earthquake.
Create instant messages
- Go to Locations, then select the location from the drop-down list.
- Select Important Notices.
- Click Create a New Notice.
- Enter the Notice Name. This will be used as the subject if sending an email.
- Select the Instant Message notice type.
- Select the Delivery Method.
- Enter the Notice Message.
- Select the Audience. See below for more information on the audience options.
- Click Send, then click Send again to confirm.
Notice audience options
You can send an instant message to employees, contractors, and visitors, or any combination of these audiences. Each category has various subcategories that can be selected based on in-app groupings and on-site status.
All Employees - This option includes three further subcategories:
- From this location - send to all employees with the location as their home location.
- With access to this location - includes all employees with the home location and all global roamers at this location.
- From all locations - sends to all employees across the entire organization.
Signed In - This option includes three further subcategories:
- All Signed In – Employees currently signed into the location regardless of status.
- On-site – Employees currently signed in as on-site.
- Working Remotely – Employees currently signed in as working remotely.
Signed Out - Employees with the home location that are not currently signed in.
Selected Departments - Employees from one or more selected departments within the location.
Selected Role Types - Employees from one or more selected role types within the location.
Selected Employees - Individual selected employees.
All On-Site - Contractors that are currently signed into the location.
All from an Organization - Contractors from one or more selected organizations.
Selected contractors - Individual selected contractors.
All On-Site - Visitors that are currently signed into the location.