Instant messages are used to send a one-off message to employees, service providers, and visitors, or any combination of these audiences. They are useful when a group message needs to be sent, including:
- Notifying everyone on-site of an emergency situation, e.g. active shooter.
- Needing to update employees and/or service providers about a policy change.
- An emergency affecting the surrounding area e.g. tornado or earthquake.
Creating Instant Messages
User Role required to access these settings: Administrator.
- Go to Tools > Locations.
- Click View next to your location.
- Select Important Notices.
- Click Create a New Notice.
- Enter the Notice Name. This will be used as the subject if sending an email.
- Select the Instant Message notice type.
- Select the Delivery Method.
- Enter the Notice Message.
- Select the Audience. See below for more information on the audience options.
- Click Send.
- Click Send again on the confirmation.
You can review sending results in the Notification Summary.
You can send an instant message to employees, service providers, and visitors, or any combination of these audiences
Each category has various subcategories that can be selected based on in-app groupings and on-site status.
All Employees - This option includes three further subcategories:
- From this location - send to all employees with the location as their home location.
- With access to this location - includes all employees with the home location and all global roamers at this location.
- From all locations - sends to all employees across the entire organization.
All On-site - Employees currently signed into the location.
All Off-site - Employees with the home location that are not currently signed in.
Selected Departments - Employees from one or more selected departments within the location.
Selected Role Types - Employees from one or more selected role types within the location.
Selected Employees - Individual selected employees.
All Signed In - Service providers that are currently signed into the location.
All from an Organization - Service providers from one or more selected organizations.
Selected Service Providers - Individual selected service providers.
All On-Site - Visitors that are currently signed into the location.