Before you can configure and use Identity Management, you need to:
- Enable the Identity Management add-on and optional print requests.
- Assign the Identity Manager and/or Location Print Manager user roles.
How to enable the add-on
- Go to Tools > Account.
- Select Add-on Management from the left-hand menu.
- Set Identity Management to Yes.
- Click Save.
How to enable print requests
From the add-on page:
- Click Settings next to Identity Management.
- Toggle the Enable option On.
You can now add print locations from this section. A print location is a location which can manage the printing of ID cards. Look at them as your printing bureaus. Whether your WhosOnLocation account has one location or hundreds, if you wish to centralize ID card printing then you would only add one location. If you want to de-centralize printing and have printing requests managed by multiple locations; you can add more than one.
To add a print location:
- Click on the location dropdown.
- Enter the location name and select from the dropdown.
- Click Add.
- Repeat for each print location as required.
- Click Close.
- Click Save
How to assign the user roles
There are two types of user roles you can assign for Identity Management:
- Identity Manager – can manage token types, add tokens to profiles, manage ID card templates, and print their own ID cards.
- Location Print Manager – can receive and manage ID card print requests only.
You can assign one or both roles to employees and they can be limited to specific location(s) if required.
- Go to Tools > User Roles.
- Search for an employee using the filters and/or Keyword Search.
- Click Manage Roles next to their name.
- Enable Identity Manager.
- Select either Global or Limited and which locations they will be an Identity Manager for.
- (Optional) Enable Location Print Manager and select locations.
Please Note: This will only be available if Print Requests has been enabled in the add-on.
- Click Assign Roles.
Grant access permission
If the employee does not have permission to log into WhosOnLocation the Login Permission status will say New, Deactivated, or Pending. You will need to grant them permission.
Click here for details on how to grant access permission.